Our Hip Replacement recall lawyers and the DePuy Hip Replacement Helpline West Virginia are ready to help you if you have been injured by a recalled DePuy Hip Replacement Implant in Charleston, Huntington, Martinsburg, Morgantown, Parkersburg, Wheeling and all of West Virginia.
Call the Depuy Hip Replacement Helpline and speak to a Medical Social Worker and be connected to a Depuy Hip Replacement lawyer.
What Is The DePuy Hip Replacement Implant ?
The DePuy ASR (Articular Surface Replacement ) hip system is a metal on metal hip replacement. In a hip replacement surgeons replace or resurface the cup, known as the acetabulum. At the same time, they replace the femoral head or the ball of the femur in the hip with the femoral ball, almost always connected to a stem that fits down in the femur. It’s a bit of a euphemism because you’re not replacing everything in the hip. It is called a total hip arthroplasty.
On August 2010 Johnson and Johnson did a voluntary recall of the DePuy ASR XL Acetabular System total hip replacement and the ASR Hip Resurfacing System. It has become evident over time that DePuy Orthopaedics, a division of Johnson & Johnson, may have known about the complications with theses devices as early as 2007. Tests resulting in complications from an Australian study resulted in the company pulling the devices off the market in Australia.
In March 2010, a letter was sent to doctors informing them about the serious complications regarding the Depuy hip prothesis. Patients were not directly informed until the recall occurred in August 2010.
Thousands of patients are now seeking compensation from DePuy for medical bills and additional expenses associated with the faulty hip Implants. Tghis has effected a vulnerable senior population. Speak to a Depuy Hip Replacement lawyer today.
Find a Depuy Hip Replacement Lawyer for your faulty hip replacement today.
Depuy Hip Replacement lawyers and the DePuy Hip Replacement Helpline are helping people with painful side effects associated with the DePuy ASR XL Acetabular System total hip replacement and the ASR Hip Resurfacing System:
Complications of the Depuy Hip Replacements
Metallosis: Characterized by rashes and nerve damage, metallosis is a condition that can occur when the metal-on-metal movement of the implant causes friction and releases higher, potentially dangerous levels of chromium and cobalt ions into the body.
Loosening of Hip Implant: The complication may cause patients to experience limping and difficulty walking. This often prompts the patient to transfer too much weight to the other hip or joints, resulting in additional pain and possible joint or bone failure.
More Surgery: Many of the side effects associated with the DePuy ASR devices require a patient to undergo additional hip replacement surgeries. Unfortunately, each additional surgery typically has a shorter life span than the previous replacement surgery.
Summary of Complications
- Pain in the groin, hip or leg
- Swelling at or near the hip joint
- A limp or change in walking ability
- Continued pain
- The need for a second surgery
- The need for tests and medical monitoring of Cobalt and Chromium levels in the bloodstream
- Costly medical bills
- Loss of enjoyment of certain activities
- Leg length differences after revision surgeries
- Lack of enjoyment of activities
- loss of quality of life
- Metal sensitivity
- Loosening of the prosthesis
- Bone fracture
- High metal ions levels in their bloodstreams
You must monitor chromium and cobalt levels in the bloodstream on a regular basis if you have a DePuy Hip Replacement.
COBALT POISONING SYMPTOMS
- Gastrointestinal Problems
- Neuropathy (nerve damage)
- Thyroid Problems
- Kidney Failure
- Skin Disorders
- Pulmonary Syndrome
CHROMIUM POISONING CAN CAUSE
- Elevated Cancer Risks
- Reproductive System Problems
- DNA Mutations
- Impaired Liver Function
What you need to do
- If you are having complications see your Orthopedic surgeon immediately. Your health is first priority,
- If you are not having complications and you have a Metal on Metal DePuy Hip Replacement get tested for chromium and cobalt levels in the bloodstream on a regular basis
- Call the DePuy Hip Replacement Helpline for a lawyer. You must protect your rights, potential costly medical bills, pain and suffering and loss of quality of life. You must send a message to the manufacturer who put profits over people.
DePuy Hip Replacement Helpline lawyers
Are filing lawsuits on Behalf of Colorado Victims with the failed Depuy Hip Replacement devices. If you or a loved one is suffering do to a failed DePuy and needs additional revision surgeries contact the DePuy Hip Replacement Helpline lawyers for a case review for:
- Compensatory damages
- Medical Bills
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of quality of life