Call the DePuy Hip replacement Helpline South dakota and Speak to a medical social worker and a dePuy Recall lawyer.
History of the DePuy
On August 26, 2010, DePuy announced the voluntary recall of the DePuy ASR Hip Replacement due to a high failure rate. The recall comes to late for the thousands of victims suffering from a failed hip Implant, Call the DePuy Hip Replacement Helpline and speak to a medical social worker and learn the facts about your failed DePuy. DePuy Hip Replacement helpline Lawyers are filing lawsuits for victims of the failed DePuy. Justice for the victims must be sought.
The DePuy Hip Replacements Implants recalled are:
- Depuy ASR XL Acetabular System
- Depuy ASR Hip Resurfacing System
Hip Implants that have been recalled other then the DePuy Hip Replacement are:
- Zimmer Durom Cup
- Stryker Trident PSL
- Stryker Trident Hemispherical Acetubular Cup
The DePuy Hip Replacement Helpline lawyers are accepting clients and reviewing files for all failed hip implant victims.
Complications of a Failed DePuy Metal on Metal Hip Implant
- Pain in the groin, hip or leg
- Swelling at or near the hip joint
- A limp or change in walking ability
- Continued pain
- The need for a second surgery
- The need for tests and medical monitoring on hip replacements that have yet to go bad
- Costly medical bills
- Loss of enjoyment of certain activities
- Hip fracture
- loosening of the Implant
- Metal sensitivity
- Toxicity from the metal on metal rubbing
- High levels of Chromium and Cobalt in the bloodstream with side effects from toxicity
- Loosening of the prosthesis
- inability to walk
- Dislocation where the two parts of the implant that move against each other are no longer aligned.
- Fracture, where the bone around the implant may have broken
- Severe limitations in daily activities and decline of quality of life
- High metal ions levels in their bloodstreams
- Loosening, when the implant does not stay attached to the bone in the right position
Lawsuits are Being Filed against the Manufacturers of the DePuy
DePuy Hip Replacement lawyers are filing lawsuits against hip replacement manufacturers DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc over failure of a DePuy ASR metal-on-metal hip replacement. The lawsuit against DePuy was filed in Federal District Court in Ft. Myers, Florida . This is believed to be the first lawsuit filed in the United States over the failure of the DePuy ASR hip replacement.
Call the DePuy Hip Replacement Helpline and speak to a Medical Social Worker about you faulty DePuy. DePuy Hip Replacement lawyers are accepting cases fro victims of failed DePuy Hip Replacements and Metal toxicity complications.
The Depuy Lawsuit
The DePuy lawsuit alleges that the DePuy ASR hip replacement was defectively designed. It claims DePuy knew that their ASR hip replacements were failing at a higher than expected rate, yet it did not pass that information on to consumers or orthopaedic surgeons. As a result, diagnosis that the ASR hip replacement implanted in the patient has failed was needlessly delayed as her physicians were unaware of the prevelance of other failures. During the patient’s surgery to replace the failed hip replacement, her orthopedic surgeon discovered that the cup portion of the ASR hip replacement was extremely loose. The ASR hip replacement is designed so that a patient’s bone grows into the back of the cup to secure it. However, loosening because of a lack of bone in-growth into the cup is a hallmark of DePuy ASR hip replacement failures.
DePuy's Recall comes too Late
Unfortunately, DePuy's recall of the ASR systems comes too late for patients that were implanted with these devices. This is not a typical recall where the toy with lead paint can simply be discarded or returned to the manufacturer for a refund. This recall is for a product that has been implanted in a person's hip. As a result, the recalled product can only be replaced with the patient going through a painful and debilitating surgery and rehabilitation. In addition there are concerns about toxicity from the metal components rubbing. Patients are advised to have their blood levels checked for Chromium and Cobalt levels.
High Failure rate
Many observers expect this already high failure rate to increase dramatically as problems with the DePuy ASR hip systems become more widely publicized. Denying that its decision to do so was related to reports of failures of the ASR systems, late last year DePuy ceased sales of the products. Unfortunately, by that time, almost 100,000 of the systems had been implanted in patients worldwide. DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc. is the orthopedic subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson. DePuy has been called the most serious and widespread failure of a medical device to date.
In March of this year, the New York Times published an article about the high early failure rate of DePuy’s ASR hip replacement. Since that article was published many more reports of failures of ASR hip replacements have been received by both DePuy and the United States Food and Drug Administration. In its article, the New York Times quoted orthopedic experts critical of the design of the ASR hip replacement. Experts were also critical of DePuy’s failure to stop sales of the device sooner.
What Should you Do if you have a failed DePuy Hip Replacement ?
If you have a DePuy ASR hip replacement or hip resurfacing, and are experiencing problems with the device, call the DePuy Hip Replacement Helpline and speak to a DePuy Recall attorney immediately. You should retain an attorney before undergoing a revision surgery so that potentially important evidence can be preserved. There is a limited period of time in which you may bring a legal action against DePuy for a failed ASR hip system, so don’t delay. Contact the DePuy Hip Replacement Helpline today.
Cobalt Toxicity Hip Implant Alert
If you have a DePuy Hip replacement you must check your blood levels for high levels of Chromium and Cobalt. A high level of toxicity is characterized by symptoms of vision impairment, hearing loss, pain, swelling, and “brain fog.” This toxicity can cause allergic reactions and even death.
Chromium and Cobalt Toxicity Alert
COBALT POISONING SYMPTOMS
- Gastrointestinal Problems
- Neuropathy (nerve damage)
- Thyroid Problems
- Kidney Failure
- Skin Disorders
- Pulmonary Syndrome
CHROMIUM POISONING CAN CAUSE
- Elevated Cancer Risks
- Reproductive System Problems
- DNA Mutations
- Impaired Liver Function
DePuy Hip Replacement Helpline lawyers
Are filing lawsuits on Behalf of Victims with the failed Depuy Hip Replacement devices. If you or a loved one is suffering do to a failed DePuy and needs additional revision surgeries contact the DePuy Hip Replacement Helpline lawyers for a case review for:
- Compensatory damages
- Medical Bills
- Pain and suffering
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Metal Toxicity compensation
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of quality of life
- Punitive damages
What you need to do
- If you are having complications see your Orthopedic surgeon immediately. Your health is first priority,
- If you are not having complications and you have a Metal on Metal DePuy Hip Replacement get tested for chromium and cobalt levels in the bloodstream on a regular basis
- Call the DePuy Hip Replacement Helpline for a lawyer. Speak to our medical social worker who speaks to people just like you with failed DePuy Hip Replacements. You are not alone. Thousands of DePuy ASR victims are facing the possibility of hip replacement complications and a painful and risky additonial surgeries to replace it. You must protect your rights, potential costly medical bills, pain and suffering and loss of quality of life. You must send a message to the manufacturer.