GePuy Hip replacement Helpline Kentucky, DePuy Hip Rcall Lawyers
Call the DePuy Hip Replacement Helpline Kentucky and speak to a Medical Social Worker about your faulty DePuy. Hip Replacement recall lawyers are accepting cases from victims of the DePuy Hip recall in Bowling green, Lexington, Louiseville, Owensboro, and all of eastern and western Kentucky.
On August 26, 2010, DePuy announced the voluntary recall of the DePuy ASR Hip Replacement due to a high failure rate. The recall comes to late for the thousands of victims suffering from a failed hip Implant, Call the DePuy Hip Replacement Helpline and speak to a medical social worker and learn the facts about your failed DePuy. DePuy Hip Replacement Helpline Lawyers are filing lawsuits for victims of the DePuy recall. Justice for the victims must be sought.
The DePuy Hip Replacements Implants recalled are:
- Depuy ASR XL Acetabular System
- Depuy ASR Hip Resurfacing System
Hip Implants that have been recalled other then the DePuy Hip Replacement are:
- Zimmer Durom Cup
- Stryker Trident PSL
- Stryker Trident Hemispherical Acetubular Cup
Complications of a Failed DePuy Metal on Metal Hip Implant
- Pain in the groin, hip or leg
- Swelling at or near the hip joint
- A limp or change in walking ability
- Continued pain
- The need for a second surgery
- The need for tests and medical monitoring on hip replacements that have yet to go bad
- Costly medical bills
- Loss of enjoyment of certain activities
- Hip fracture
- loosening of the Implant
- Metal sensitivity
- Toxicity from the metal on metal rubbing
- High levels of Chromium and Cobalt in the bloodstream with side effects from toxicity
- Loosening of the prosthesis
- inability to walk
- Dislocation where the two parts of the implant that move against each other are no longer aligned.
- Fracture, where the bone around the implant may have broken
- Severe limitations in daily activities and decline of quality of life
- High metal ions levels in their bloodstreams
- Loosening, when the implant does not stay attached to the bone in the right position
Thousands of DePuy ASR victims are facing the possibility of hip replacement complications and a painful and risky additonial surgeries to replace it.
- Unexplained hip pain
- Swelling or inflammation of tissue surrounding the hip implant
- Difficulty walking
- Grinding and popping noise
- Pseudo tumors
- Loosening of the hip replacement
- Toxicity due to chromium and cobalt ions floating around in the blood.
You must monitor chromium and cobalt levels in the bloodstream on a regular basis if you have a DePuy Hip Replacement.
COBALT POISONING SYMPTOMS
- Gastrointestinal Problems
- Neuropathy (nerve damage)
- Thyroid Problems
- Kidney Failure
- Skin Disorders
- Pulmonary Syndrome
CHROMIUM POISONING CAN CAUSE
- Elevated Cancer Risks
- Reproductive System Problems
- DNA Mutations
- Impaired Liver Function
The Depuy Lawsuit
The DePuy lawsuit alleges that the DePuy ASR hip replacement was defectively designed. It claims DePuy knew that their ASR hip replacements were failing at a higher than expected rate, yet it did not pass that information on to consumers or orthopaedic surgeons. As a result, diagnosis that the ASR hip replacement implanted in the patient has failed was needlessly delayed as her physicians were unaware of the prevelance of other failures. During the patient’s surgery to replace the failed hip replacement, her orthopedic surgeon discovered that the cup portion of the ASR hip replacement was extremely loose. The ASR hip replacement is designed so that a patient’s bone grows into the back of the cup to secure it. However, loosening because of a lack of bone in-growth into the cup is a hallmark of DePuy ASR hip replacement failures.
DePuy's Recall comes too Late
Unfortunately, DePuy's recall of the ASR systems comes too late for patients that were implanted with these devices. This is not a typical recall where the toy with lead paint can simply be discarded or returned to the manufacturer for a refund. This recall is for a product that has been implanted in a person's hip. As a result, the recalled product can only be replaced with the patient going through a painful and debilitating surgery and rehabilitation. In addition there are concerns about toxicity from the metal components rubbing. Patients are advised to have their blood levels checked for Chromium and Cobalt levels.
High Failure rate
Many observers expect this already high failure rate to increase dramatically as problems with the DePuy ASR hip systems become more widely publicized. Denying that its decision to do so was related to reports of failures of the ASR systems, late last year DePuy ceased sales of the products. Unfortunately, by that time, almost 100,000 of the systems had been implanted in patients worldwide. DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc. is the orthopedic subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson. DePuy has been called the most serious and widespread failure of a medical device to date.
What Should you Do if you have a failed DePuy Hip Replacement ?
If you have a DePuy ASR hip replacement or hip resurfacing, and are experiencing problems with the device, call the DePuy Hip Replacement Helpline and speak to a DePuy Recall attorney immediately. You should retain an attorney before undergoing a revision surgery so that potentially important evidence can be preserved. There is a limited period of time in which you may bring a legal action against DePuy for a failed ASR hip system, so don’t delay. Contact the DePuy Hip Replacement Helpline today. It is advised you speak to an attorney before undergoing revision surgery.
What else should i do?
- If you have a DePuy hip Replacement Implant you must get tested for Cobalt or Chromium levels in your blood. This is whether you have complications or side effects
- If you have any of the complications listed you must see your Orthopedic Surgeon immediately to discuss revision surgery.
- If revision surgery is advised or if you have toxic levels in your bloodstream you must contact the DePuy Hip Replacement Helpline for a DePuy lawyer to be advised of your rights and the appropriate next step to protect your rights.
Congress has Finally heard Victims of failed medical devices and Implants and a Bill has been Introduced
Bipartisan legislation was introduced in the US Senate that would force medical device manufacturers to track the performance of these implants after they were approved for sale.
The bill would allow the Food and Drug Administration to compel companies to track implants, such as replacement hips, that belong to a category of products that do not require human testing for approval.
The DePuy Lawsuits and DePuy Hip Replacement Helpline Lawyers
DePuy hip implant recall Helpline attorneys lawsuits claim that DePuy was negligent in the design of the ASR XL Acetabular Cup System and the DePuy ASR Hip Resurfacing Systems. There are negligent design allegations for each system. DePuy Hip Replacement lawyers are accepting cases for complications in both of these systems as well as chromium and cobalt toxicity.
New Stryker Hip Implant recall, Stryker Hip Replacement Helpline launched
Stryker Hip Implant lawyers are investigating potential lawsuits throughout the United States for claims on behalf of victims who received a ceramic Stryker-brand hip implant that is or may be defective.